Our LPC will offer you the best possible preparation to practise law with the skills to succeed in business. Our career-focused LPC enables you to develop commercial awareness, critical thinking, project management, and the networking skills that will prepare you for the challenges ahead.
In small group workshops, you’ll be taught by qualified lawyers with extensive practice experience. You’ll also benefit from online learning resources and personal feedback from tutors.
With a clear focus on your future employability, we are more confident than ever in your success and offer our LPC Employment Promise. Get a job in nine months, or we’ll give you 100% of your fees back: 50% of your fees as cashback plus 50% of your fees as credit towards any further courses.*
95% of our 2017/18 full-time, UK, LPC graduates have secured work or further study within fifteen months of successfully completing this course, based on Graduate Outcomes data.
Why choose our LPC?
· Career-focused: develop commercial awareness, critical thinking and the professional skills that legal employers are looking for
· Gain an MSc in Law, Business and Management or LLM in Professional Legal Practice at no extra cost
· Study your LPC with a Master’s Degree and you could be eligible for a postgraduate student loan
· Tailor your course to your specialist areas of interest through a wide choice of elective subjects
· Flexible study - choose to study at one of our locations nationwide with the choice of full-time, part-time day, evening and weekend courses and online
· Access award-winning careers support to help you with your training contract applications with over 3,000 pro bono opportunities as soon as you accept your place
Gain a Master’s for free
Rather than enrolling on the core LPC, you may prefer to enrol on one of a Master’s qualifications which are available to you at no extra cost:
MSc in Law, Business and Management
If you want to become a partner in a law firm or progress through any number of career paths, our MSc will provide you with the skills you’ll need in practice:
· Client-focus and embedded business skills to enable you to deliver commercially focused advice
· Development of essential professional skills ranging from oral and written communication, through to meeting skills and project and risk management
· A wide selection of electives to cover your specialist areas of interest
· Innovative assessment to ensure you have the skills law firms require
· Expert teaching by qualified solicitors and barristers in addition to lectures by visiting professors
Successfully complete your LPC course with an additional Law and Business module and Business Case Study Report and we will award you an MSc in Law, Business and Management.
LPC LLM in Professional Legal Practice
Alternatively, if you would like the opportunity to gain a broader insight into the law, our LLM will suit your needs. Successfully complete your LPC with either an extra elective or a Law and Business module and a Professional Practice Research Report and you will receive an LPC LLM in Professional Legal Practice.
If you only want the LPC
If you choose not to undertake either the MSc or LLM you can still enrol on the LPC without a Master’s award. You will be issued with a Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Legal Practice and will still have completed the vocational stage of training requirements.
January course start
· Birmingham, Bristol, Exeter, Guildford, Reading and Norwich - £13,600
· Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Nottingham and Sheffield – £12,750
· London (Bloomsbury and Moorgate) - £17,300
January full-time accelerated course start
· London (Bloomsbury and Moorgate) - £17,300
July full-time accelerated course start
· London (Moorgate) - £17,500
September course start
· Birmingham, Bristol, Exeter, Guildford, Reading and Norwich - £13,800
· Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Nottingham and Sheffield – £12,900
· London (Bloomsbury and Moorgate) - £17,500
All fees include the £15 SRA registration fee.
The University of Law welcomes students from all over the world. Our website contains lots of information to help you when making the decision to come and study in the UK.
Our Employability Service brings together the expertise of The University of Law's Careers and Pro Bono departments, to give you the support and opportunities you need to make the best start in your legal career.
Our LPC Employment Promise guarantees a job or your money back.
We’re so confident that you’ll succeed, that if you do not obtain a job in nine months, you will get 100% of your fees back, made up of 50% of your fees as cashback, plus 50% as credit towards any further courses.
Careers workshops (online and face-to-face)
Our careers workshops run throughout the year – both face-to-face in your centre and online. These group sessions help you to get a head start when it comes to applications, assessment centres, pupillage applications and much more.
The University of Law runs probably the largest and most varied legal pro bono programme in UK legal education, each year offering over 3,000 opportunities for you to put your skills into practice. We run a wide range of programmes, including:
· Legal advice
· Streetlaw and public legal education programmes
· External placements
· Shadowing opportunities
Students at The University of Law have the opportunity to apply to be mentored by a practising solicitor or barrister. With the support of over 600 practising lawyers, our scheme is probably the most extensive legal mentoring scheme in the country. For those with little experience in the law, it’s an opportunity to gain an insider’s view of the profession, and benefit from the advice of those currently practising in the world of law.
Employer talks and events
With our national presence and strong connections with the profession, The University of Law is able to offer an extensive range of employer talks, workshops and careers fairs.
These events allow you to hear ‘straight from the horse’s mouth’ what it’s like in firms and chambers.
Whether it’s mooting or a share race, in each centre you’ll get the opportunity to participate in a number of extracurricular activities which have been designed to help you develop, and put into practice, vital skills you’ll need in the workplace.
Student Employability Programme
The University’s Future Lawyers Network gives you access to our award-winning Student Employability Programme (StEP). This is a comprehensive online programme of careers information and advice.
JobSearch – our job vacancy database – is exclusively for University of Law students and alumni, allowing you to browse the many training contracts, paralegal jobs, temporary opportunities and non-legal jobs we advertise.