Law Conversion Course (Masters)
If you’re looking to switch to a career in law, if you aspire to become a solicitor or barrister, our Law Conversion Course (Master's) offers a seamless entry into legal education while developing the essential skills for obtaining pupillage or qualifying work experience. Law conversion courses will build the foundational knowledge you need for your future legal training to become a solicitor or barrister.
A law conversion course, also known as a PGDL, enables a smooth transition into studying law whilst developing the skills you need to secure pupillage or Qualifying Work Experience.
Upon completion of the Law Conversion Course (Master's) you will be awarded a Masters of Laws in Law and Legal Practice.
The Law Conversion Course (Master’s) is taught via workshops to small groups of students. You’ll experience live, face-to-face teaching which provides an important social and collaborative learning environment. You’ll also gain valuable interaction with our professionally experienced tutors, who use their expertise to bring your studies to life.
Why choose our law conversion course?
- Don’t let finances stand in your way. Our Law Conversion Course (Master’s) is eligible for postgraduate loan funding of £12,167 from Student Finance England.
- We are one of the few providers who teach Company Law, a highly paid and popular area of law practice.
- Whether you’re wanting to get into family law, employment law, corporate law, commercial law, personal injury law, environmental law, criminal law or another area, we have the connections with specialist teams.
- Taught through a practice-focused lens to allow you to contextualise learning, gain a deep understanding of law and appreciate the demands of a law practice.
- Allows progression onto solicitor or barrister training.
- Modular structure means assessments are evenly spread throughout the course, so you can focus on a limited number of modules at a time.
- Get the skills, knowledge and work experience you need to secure qualifying work experience or pupillage by volunteering on legal projects through our award-winning Social Impact Team.
- Gain extensive support with qualifying work experience and pupillage applications, mock interviews and CV advice from our expert Careers Service
Need postgraduate funding?
If you opt for our Master’s option, you’ll study all the modules of the PGDL plus an additional Professional Project module. This course qualifies for postgraduate loan funding.
Looking to qualify as a solicitor?
For those wanting to qualify as a solicitor, our LLM Law Conversion with SQE1 incorporates our law conversion course (PGDL) and SQE1 Preparation course. It will initially build your core foundational legal knowledge, before developing expertise of the legal practice areas that will be assessed in SQE1. The course is eligible for postgraduate loan funding, and you will receive a master’s award upon completion.
The entry requirements to study the Law Conversion Course (Master’s) at BPP University Law School are as follows:
· Minimum 2:2 honours degree (or equivalent) in any subject from a recognised UK institution (or overseas equivalent)
If you do not think you meet the entry requirements, but have other qualifications, strong references or relevant work experience, please contact us and we can review your options.
See website for fees.
We offer over £1.25m in scholarships to applicants of our postgraduate law programmes, ensuring finance isn’t a barrier to your legal career.
Interest free payment plans
Explore interest-free payment plans that help you to spread the cost of your course through instalments.
- London South
- Distance Learning