LLM Law Conversion with SQE1
Our LLM Law Conversion with SQE1 is made up of two courses: Law Conversion Course (PGDL) and SQE1 Preparation. It helps you develop a deep understanding of fundamental legal principles, whilst also building your expertise of the legal practice areas that are assessed in SQE1.
Law Conversion Course
This course introduces the core legal principles to help develop your legal knowledge, professional capabilities and problem-solving skills.
It is also closely aligned to the foundational law elements of the SQE1 assessment.
You will study the following modules:
· Company Law
· Contract Law
· Criminal Law
· Land Law
· Public Law I
· Public Law II
· Tort Law
· Trusts Law
· Foundational Legal Skills
Our SQE1 Preparation module focuses on key legal practice areas that are examined in both stages of the SQE assessments. It includes materials and revision opportunities for the core areas of law from your previous studies.
On successful completion of our LLM Law Conversion with SQE1, you will be eligible to study our SQE2 Preparation course.
You can also apply for our additional Essentials for Practice module, so you can continue to develop the additional knowledge and skills you need to succeed in practice. Speak to our Admissions Team to find out more.
Why choose our LLM Law Conversion with SQE1?
· Once you secure your place, you’ll get instant access to our Bridge to SQE programme. With up to 40 additional hours of study, it’s designed to help you transition from your degree towards the next stage of your legal training, while delivering knowledge on Navigating the SQE, Legal Technology and Virtual Vacation Schemes
· Experience realistic briefs and case handling in a way that mirrors legal practice in a firm through our Virtual Practice Environment
· Using BPP Adapt, you can track your progress, understand your strengths and target areas for improvement, ensuring you’re fully prepared to pass your SQE assessments
· Workshops are delivered by highly skilled and experienced subject tutors
· Access to an extensive careers advice service and pro bono work experience opportunities that can count towards your QWE
· Access coaching, mentoring and placement opportunities with leading employers such as AstraZeneca, Barclays, Channel 4 and Sky, through BPP’s exclusive partnership with Aspiring Solicitors*
· Don’t let finances stand in your way. Our LLM Law Conversion with SQE1 is eligible for postgraduate loan funding of £12,167 from Student Finance England.
· By adding on additional modules, you can enhance your employability prospects with additional learning and skills development
Your SQE Career Guarantee.
If you don’t secure a relevant legal role within six months of passing your SQE2 assessments, our Career Guarantee means you’ll have access to our Career Boost package. This includes additional courses which will develop your employability further with negotiation, influencing and networking skills, free of charge. You’ll also have the exclusive opportunity to be considered for one of five paid 6-month QWE placements in our Social Impact Team, starting from September 2023.
The entry requirements to study the LLM Law Conversion Course with SQE1 at BPP University Law School are as follows:
- Minimum 2:2 honours degree (or equivalent) in any subject from a recognised UK institution (or overseas equivalent)
If you do not think you meet the entry requirements, but have other qualifications, strong references or relevant work experience, please contact us and we would be happy to review your options.
See website for fees.
Postgraduate Loan Funding
This course is eligible for postgraduate loan funding of £12,167 from Student Finance England.
We offer over £1.25m in scholarships to applicants of our postgraduate law programmes, ensuring finance isn’t a barrier to your legal career.
Interest free payment plans
Explore interest-free payment plans that help you to spread the cost of your course through instalments.
- London South
- Distance Learning