With over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be one of the UK’s leading law schools. Trusted by some of the most influential law firms. Driving innovation in legal training. Our courses focus on your employability. Developing your skills as a lawyer. Giving you the edge to secure a training contract or pupillage. So you’re ready to embrace the demands of practice from day one.
If your goal is to become a solicitor, our LPC provides the best possible preparation. It is authorised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).
We focus on your employability. Taught through simulated client portfolios, you will gain the in-depth legal knowledge, commercial awareness and practical skills employers are seeking. We focus on the skills and the knowledge you need to secure a training contract.
Why Choose BPP University Law School?
- Learn from qualified lawyers who can help develop your legal career, with links to firms and in-house teams at every level
- Explore the practice areas that align with your career goals, through our wide range of electives
- Get ahead of the competition with our cutting-edge Legal Technology Innovation and Design optional module
- Enhance your professional skills and commercial awareness through additional skills workshops during our Employability Week
- Top up your LPC to a full Master’s degree at no extra cost by completing two additional business modules or one practitioner-focused project*
- Expert support with training contract applications, mock interviews and CV advice from our Careers Service
- Gain practical legal work experience by advising real clients through our award-winning Pro Bono Centre
- Access unique coaching, mentoring and placement opportunities through our partnership with Aspiring Solicitors, with employers including Reed Smith, American Express and Network Rail**
Get all the guidance you need to start your legal career journey at our Getting Ahead events and Virtual Open Evenings. Speak to lawyers and tutors, get practical employability advice and experience a taster session. Register your place.
*T&C’s apply. **Subject to meeting the eligibility criteria for Aspiring Solicitors services.
Fees & Funding
Postgraduate funding – incorporating our LPC, the LLM Legal Practice (Solicitors) qualifies for a postgraduate loan of up to £10,906
Law scholarships – we support the brightest future legal talent, from all backgrounds
Future Finance – you can borrow between £2,500 and £40,000 to pay tuition fees and living expenses for higher education in the UK*
*Please note that we act as a credit broker to Future Finance and are not responsible for providing the loan or assessing your eligibility for a loan. Further details of eligibility requirements, interest rates and other key terms of the loan are available by visiting the Future Finance website.
If English is not your first language and you do not hold an honours degree that was delivered in English, you will be required to provide certified proof of ability in written and spoken English to at least IELTS 6.5 (overall) or equivalent with a minimum of 6.0 in each module.
We focus on your employability. Taught through simulated client portfolios, you will gain the in-depth legal knowledge, commercial awareness and practical skills employers are seeking.
Specialist careers advice
Our specialist careers service is available to you for support and guidance from the moment you accept your place until up to 12 months after you complete your studies with us.
With our one-to-one support, we give you the edge when it comes to enhancing your legal career. You’ll have everything you need including access to our vacancies database, advice on filling out application forms, intensive interview coaching, employer research and networking opportunities.
BPP Pro Bono Centre
Gain hands-on legal experience by volunteering for a project with our award-winning Pro Bono Centre. Opportunities are available at all our study centres.
96.5% of our full-time and part-time postgraduate law students have secured employment or further study.*
*Of surveyed students graduating from BPP University Law School postgraduate programmes in 2017.
Qualifying law degree minimum 2.2 or above
Non-law degree minimum 2.2 or above and a GDL, CPE, or equivalent qualifications such as ILEX/FILEX
Course start date
September, January and February
Please visit our website for fees.