This course is designed for those who’ve completed SQE1 training, such as our SQE1 Preparation Course.
You will develop the legal skills of interviewing, advocacy, case and matter analysis, legal research, legal writing and drafting in order to sit the SQE2 assessments and be ready for Qualifying Work Experience (QWE) and practice.
Why choose this course?
· Adaptive and personalised learner journey, using our dynamic learning model: Prepare, Engage, Consolidate (PEC), covering all skills assessed by the SRA in SQE2.
· Confidence for the assessments, with plenty of practice in the exact type of oral and written skills assessments you’ll face. Our intelligent revision app, ULawSQE, will help you consolidate and revise the practice contexts within which the SQE2 assessments are based, so you’ll feel fully prepared and know exactly what to expect.
· Benefit from our extensive experience in helping students develop the skills that will be assessed in SQE2.
· In depth tutor guidance and support from our experienced tutors, who are all practitioners. Your tutor will monitor your progress and give you weekly individual feedback, so you’ll know where to focus.
· Brand new resources, developed specifically for SQE2 by our expert tutors. You’ll be provided with all course materials, including practice questions, our intelligent revision app to revise the practice areas in which the SQE2 assessments are set, and bespoke online study manuals specifically written for SQE2.
· Experience of working in practice. You’ll learn in the context of our virtual law firm, ULaw LLP. ULaw LLP replicates the working environment of a law firm and students perform real world tasks on simulated cases, deals and transactions, as if they were in the office.
Support for your career. You’ll have access to ULaw’s award-winning Employability Service, for information, advice, practical experience and links to the profession to help you to succeed in your career. Available at all of our campuses, the Employability Team will help you achieve your career and work experience goals.
· Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham, Sheffield: £4,000
· Birmingham, Bristol, Guildford, Norwich, Reading: £4,350
· London, Hong Kong: £5,500
· Online: £4,000.
Study manuals: eBooks are included in the course fee, and you’ll receive a 50% discount if you’d like to purchase print versions.
The course fee does not include the SQE2 assessment fee of £2,422.
This course does not qualify for postgraduate funding. We have alternative courses with postgraduate funding including our LLM Legal Practice (SQE1&2).
The University of Law welcomes students from all over the world. Our website contains lots of information to help you when making the decision to come and study in the UK.
Our Employability Service brings together the expertise of The University of Law's Careers and Pro Bono departments, to give you the support and opportunities you need to make the best start in your legal career.
Careers workshops (online and face-to-face)
Our careers workshops run throughout the year – both face-to-face in your centre and online. These group sessions help you to get a head start when it comes to applications, assessment centres and much more.
The University of Law runs a large and varied legal pro bono programme, offering over 3,500 opportunities each year to enable you to put the skills you’ve learnt into practice.
With the support of over 600 practising lawyers, students at The University of Law have the opportunity to apply to be mentored by a practising solicitor.
For those with little experience in the law, being mentored is an opportunity to gain an insider’s view of the profession and a chance to benefit from the advice of those currently practising in the world of law.
Employer talks and events
We have built up strong connections with firms and chambers nationally and are able to offer an extensive range of employer talks, workshops and careers fairs. These events allow you to hear exactly what it’s like in firms from those that do.
Student Employability Programme
The University’s Future Lawyers Network gives you access to our award-winning Student Employability Programme (StEP). This is a comprehensive online programme of careers information and advice.
JobSearch – our job vacancy database – is exclusively for University of Law students and alumni, allowing you to browse the many training contracts, paralegal jobs, temporary opportunities and non-legal jobs we advertise.