Our LLM Legal Practice (SQE1&2) course is designed for graduates who want to qualify as a solicitor using the new SQE route to practice and also gain a Master’s award. We focus on the skills that employers are seeking so that you can enhance your academic knowledge while preparing for the realities of life in legal practice.
This course incorporates preparation for both SQE1 and SQE2, as well as additional content considered highly desirable by law firms, including key practice areas (KPAs) and enhanced skills. This programme will ensure you’re fully prepared for your career as a solicitor, as well as success in the SQE assessments.
It is professionally-focused, and will equip you with the key legal knowledge and skills required to pass SQE and will prepare you for practice before your qualifying work experience (QWE).
Why choose this course?
· Develop the knowledge and skills required for a career as a solicitor by studying a suite of modules in KPAs, along with modules in skills and practice area essentials.
· With one of the largest legal careers services in the UK, ULaw gives you the support and the Qualifying Work Experience (QWE) opportunities you need to make the best start in your legal career.
· Experience of working in practice. You’ll learn in the context of our virtual law firm, ULaw LLP. ULaw LLP replicates the working environment of a law firm and students perform real world tasks on simulated cases, deals and transactions, as if they were in the office.
· Confidence for the assessments, we will prepare you for all the SQE assessments, giving you the best preparation for success.
· Brand new resources, developed specifically for SQE by our expert tutors. You’ll be provided with all course materials, including:
o an extensive bank of practice exam questions
o ULaw SQE – our intelligent revision app provides practice tests and feedback
o brand new online study manuals.
· In depth guidance and support from our experienced tutors, who will monitor your progress and give feedback using predictive analytics, so you’ll know where to focus.
· Taught by qualified lawyers, with practical workshops to develop your legal skills, so you’ll know what to expect in a real-life work environment.
Enjoy flexible study – choose to study full-time or part-time at one of our locations nationwide, or online.
· Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham: £12,000
· Birmingham, Bristol, Guildford, Reading : £13,000
· London Bloomsbury, London Moorgate: £16,500
· Online: £13,000
Study manuals: eBooks are included in the course fee, and you’ll receive a 50% discount if you’d like to purchase print versions.
Please note: The SQE assessment fee is not included in this course fee.We also have a range of scholarships and bursaries available, which makes studying with us more affordable than ever.
You could also be eligible for a postgraduate student loan.
The University of Law welcomes students from all over the world. Our website contains lots of information to help you when making the decision to come and study in the UK.
Our Employability Service brings together the expertise of The University of Law's Careers and Pro Bono departments, to give you the support and opportunities you need to make the best start in your legal career.
Careers workshops (online and face-to-face)
Our careers workshops run throughout the year – both face-to-face in your centre and online. These group sessions help you to get a head start when it comes to applications, assessment centres and much more.
The University of Law runs a large and varied legal pro bono programme, offering over 3,500 opportunities each year to enable you to put the skills you’ve learnt into practice.
With the support of over 600 practising lawyers, students at The University of Law have the opportunity to apply to be mentored by a practising solicitor.
For those with little experience in the law, being mentored is an opportunity to gain an insider’s view of the profession and a chance to benefit from the advice of those currently practising in the world of law.
Employer talks and events
We have built up strong connections with firms and chambers nationally and are able to offer an extensive range of employer talks, workshops and careers fairs. These events allow you to hear exactly what it’s like in firms from those that do.
Student Employability Programme
The University’s Future Lawyers Network gives you access to our award-winning Student Employability Programme (StEP). This is a comprehensive online programme of careers information and advice.
JobSearch – our job vacancy database – is exclusively for University of Law students and alumni, allowing you to browse the many training contracts, paralegal jobs, temporary opportunities and non-legal jobs we advertise.