Master of Arts in Law (MA Law SQE1)
Our MA Law (SQE1) is a conversion course designed for non-law graduates who want to gain a legal qualification at Master’s level and sit the SQE1 assessments. Although there is no longer a formal requirement for qualification as a solicitor, this course will give learners the academic legal knowledge they need for SQE1 and will encourage learners to think like a lawyer from the start.
This course also develops the key professional skills and behaviours required by lawyers, alongside skills required to pass professional examinations for qualification as a solicitor. In all modules there is a focus on combining knowledge and understanding of core areas of law with the ability to analyse, evaluate and form critical judgements about the law. Study is centred on practical activities that enable students to learn by doing to help them thrive as a lawyer in a work environment.
Many employers value the combination of a non-law undergraduate area of expertise combined with the solid grounding in core legal principles and legal skills, provided by a law conversion course.
Why choose our MA Law (SQE1)?
- Learn to think like a lawyer and develop practical legal skills through practical workshops and problem-based learning.
- Be ready to progress your legal training – this course includes the SQE1 Preparation Course which will prepare you for the SQE1 assessments or you can progress onto our LLM Legal Practice (SQE1&2).
- Explore an area of law that interests you in our Law of Organisations module.
- With one of the largest legal careers services in the UK, ULaw gives you the support and the Qualifying Work Experience (QWE) opportunities you need to make the best start in your legal career.
- Experience of working in practice. You’ll learn in the context of our virtual law firm, ULaw LLP. ULaw LLP replicates the working environment of a law firm and students perform real world tasks on simulated cases, deals and transactions, as if they were in the office.
- Brand new resources, developed specifically for SQE by our expert tutors. You’ll be provided with all course materials, including:
- an extensive bank of practice exam questions
- ULaw SQE – our intelligent revision app provides practice tests and feedback
- brand new online study manuals.
- In depth guidance and support from our experienced tutors, who will monitor your progress and give feedback using predictive analytics, so you’ll know where to focus.
- Taught by qualified lawyers, with lectures and practical workshops to develop your legal skills, so you’ll know what to expect in a real-life work environment.
- Enjoy flexible study – choose to study full-time or part-time at one of our locations nationwide, or online.
Course start dates
We have intakes throughout the year, which you can see here.
London: (UK/EU) £15,750 (INT) £17,000
Birmingham, Bristol, Exeter, Guildford: (UK) £13,250 (INT) £14,500
Leeds, Manchester, Nottingham: (UK) £12,850 (INT) £14,000
- London Bloomsbury
- London Moorgate
- Distance Learning