Postgraduate Diploma in Law (PGDL)
If you’re looking to make the change into legal study and already have an undergraduate degree in another discipline then our PGDL is your pathway into legal practice as a solicitor or barrister.
Our PGDL offers you a great chance to make the transition into legal study with excellent levels of support and guidance from our experienced, professional tutors. Not only will you learn the academic law necessary for converting to law, but you will also focus on key skills and competences crucial for your development as a lawyer.
Why choose our PGDL?
- Learn to think like a lawyer and develop practical legal skills through practical workshops and problem-based learning.
- Be ready to progress your legal training – go on to study the SQE1 Preparation Course and develop the skills required to answer SQE1 style legal knowledge questions or progress onto our LLM Legal Practice (SQE1&2) or Bar Practice Course (BPC).
- Stand-alone Skills & Behaviours module – designed to focus on key skills and behaviours necessary for practice as a solicitor or barrister.
- Explore an area of law that interests you in our Law of Organisations module.
- With one of the largest legal careers services in the UK, ULaw gives you the support and opportunities you need to make the best start in your legal career.
- Taught by qualified lawyers, with lectures and practical workshops to develop your legal skills, so you’ll know what to expect in a real-life work environment.
- Enjoy flexible study – choose to study full-time or part-time at one of our locations nationwide, or online.
Course start dates
We have intakes throughout the year, which you can see here.
2023/24 Course Fee (for courses starting on or after 1 July 2023)
- London: £13,600
- Birmingham, Bristol, Chester, Exeter, Guildford, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham, Reading, Sheffield: £10,950
- London Moorgate
- London Bloomsbury
- Distance Learning