Our Bristol office homes the largest team of agricultural lawyers in the country. Agricultural law encompasses a wide range of legal matters, from property and commercial litigation, to banking and probate. As well as getting the opportunity to work alongside leaders in this field, you can spend time in our growing number of practice areas in Bristol, including private wealth, real estate and corporate. You will also have a seat in our Exeter headquarters, where you can chose a seat in one of our three legal departments: Business, Real Estate and Private Client. In each seat you will be allocated a supervisor who will support, encourage and supervise you. You will also have access to a 'buddy' who will guide you through your training contract and help you feel at home from day one.
Structure of Training
Our structured two-year Trainee Development Programme focuses on building the technical and business skills that are fundamental for you to become a successful solicitor.
The level of responsibility given to our trainees is high. You will be running your own files, working in a team on bigger transactions and experiencing client contact on the phone and in meetings, making you an integral part of the team, from very early on.
We recruit to retain and view our trainees as our future Associates and Partners, and as such we are dedicated to our trainees' successful development. As well as supporting you through your PSC exams, you will receive training on financial and business awareness, how to make the most of your training contract, communication and people skills, and marketing and networking. Once your training contract is complete, you will continue to have access to bespoke development programmes and opportunities at every stage of your career.
Our Trainee Development Programme will offer you:
- A training contract based in Bristol with a seat in Exeter
- Four seats, each lasting six months
- A tailor-made personal development programme aligned to your specific skill set
- Coaching and support on a one-to-one basis in relation to seat options
- A structured internal development programme aimed at developing you to become a fully- rounded professional
- Opportunities to attend various networking events outside the firm
- Opportunity to be part of a sector group where you will have responsibility for cross-selling, generating business development ideas and hosting/attending relevant events
- A Trainee buddy scheme