Main Purpose of the Role
1. To provide the Trainee Solicitor with supervised training, guidance and experience in legal practice through which they can develop and refine key skills in:
· Advocacy and oral presentation
· Case and transaction management
· Client care and practice support
· Communication skills
· Dispute resolution
· Interviewing and advising
· Legal research
2. To gain training and experience in at least three areas of English and Welsh law, covering both contentious and non-contentious work.
3. To develop and become confident in dealing with clients and other professionals, gaining their trust.
4. To provide a valuable contribution to the work of each department to which the trainee has been allocated a seat and to provide practice support to the Partners with in the group, departmentally and generally within the Firm.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Comply with the procedures and standards set out in the H&L Trainee Manual and with the SRA’s Training Regulations.
2. Undertake certain elements of fee earning work under supervision.
3. Deal wherever possible with routine client and third party enquiries and communications.
4. Manage the collation of matter start and matter completion data.
5. Ensure that client matter files are kept up to date with correspondence and documents.
6. Participate in the Firm’s business and development strategies as directed.
· A high standard of academic achievement with a minimum AAB at A level (or equivalent) and at least a 2:1 degree (or equivalent).
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Effective interpersonal communication.
· Excellent time management and organisational skills.
· Works well under pressure.
· Adaptable and flexible.
· Team player.
· Confident and enthusiastic.
· Commercially aware and keen to get involved with business development.