At Michelmores we put our clients at the heart of everything we do. We advise clients on a broad range of legal matters across the UK and internationally. With offices in Exeter, Bristol and London we are well placed to work with a diverse range of clients, with a specific focus on Finance and Investment, Private Wealth and Real Estate.
Trainees in our Exeter Headquarters can choose seats in a diverse range of practice areas and also have the opportunity to undertake a seat in our Bristol and London offices. The number and variety of seats available gives you the opportunity to gain a real breadth and depth of work during your training contract, meaning you do not feel pressured to select an area of specialism too early in your career.
Successful candidates will join our established two-year Trainee Development Programme, which focuses on the building technical and business skills that are fundamental for you to become a successful solicitor.
Structure of Training
Over the two years you will undertake four seats of six months. In each seat you will be allocated a supervisor who will support, encourage and supervise you during your seat with them. You will also have access to a 'buddy' during the lead up to joining the Firm and regular interaction with our Trainee Mentors once you are here.
Our trainees are given a high level of responsibility and client contact from day one. You will be running your own files, working in a team on bigger transactions and experiencing client contact on the phone, in meetings and at networking events. As the only trainee in each team, you will experience a varied workload with the opportunity to work alongside and learn from a number of our talented partners and lawyers.
At Michelmores we recruit to retain and view our trainees as our future Associates and Partners - we were delighted to announce a 100% retention rate in 2018. Our commitment to your long term success means we invest heavily in our training. As well as attending a thorough induction programme with the wider trainee cohort, you will receive training on a full array of technical and soft skills, including financial and business awareness, communication and people skills and marketing and networking.Once your training contract is complete, youwill continue to have access to bespoke development programmes and opportunities at every stage of your career.
Our Trainee Development Programme will offer you:
· A training contract based in Exeter, with the opportunity to undertake seats in Bristol and London
· Four seats, each lasting six months
· Secondment opportunities: previous opportunities have included 6 months at the MET office
· A tailor-made personal development programme aligned to your specific skill set
· Coaching and support on a one-to-one basis in relation to seat options
· High levels of responsibility and client contact
· A structured internal development programme aimed at developing you to become a fully-rounded professional
· Opportunities to attend a broad range of internal and external networking events
· A Trainee buddy scheme and access to Trainee Mentors