With over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be one of the UK’s leading law schools. Trusted by some of the most influential law firms. Driving innovation in legal training. Our courses focus on your employability. Developing your skills as a lawyer. Giving you the edge to secure a training contract or pupillage. So you’re ready to embrace the demands of practice from day one.
The LLM [Law Conversion]
If you are a non-law graduate, the LLM [Law Conversion] is your path to a career in law, designed to prepare you for the next stage of legal training to become a solicitor or barrister. It also qualifies for postgraduate funding up to £10,906.
Taught at Master’s degree level, you will develop the advanced skills, commercial awareness and specialist knowledge that the legal profession demands – giving you the best possible preparation to secure a training contract or pupillage.
Why Choose BPP University Law School?
- Learn from qualified solicitors, barristers and judges who can help develop your legal career and have links to employers
- Explore the areas of law that align to your career goals through our Extra lecture series
- Enhance your legal CV with Skills in Practice workshops and working with real clients through our Pro Bono Centre
- Pass our LLM [Law Conversion] and you are guaranteed a place on our Legal Practice Course (LPC), which offers our Career Guarantee*
- Expert support with training contract and pupillage applications, mock interviews and CV advice from our Careers Service
- Access unique coaching, mentoring and placement opportunities through our partnership with Aspiring Solicitors, with employers including Reed Smith, American Express and Network Rail**
Get all the guidance you need to start your legal career journey at our Getting Ahead events and Virtual Open Evenings. Speak to lawyers and tutors, get practical employability advice and experience a taster session. Register your place.
* T&C’s apply. **Subject to meeting the eligibility criteria for Aspiring Solicitors services.
Fees & Funding
Postgraduate funding – our LLM [Law Conversion] qualifies for a postgraduate loan of up to £10,906
Law scholarships – we support the brightest future legal talent, from all backgrounds
Future Finance – you can borrow between £2,500 and £40,000 to pay tuition fees and living expenses for higher education in the UK*
*Please note that we act as a credit broker to Future Finance and are not responsible for providing the loan or assessing your eligibility for a loan. Further details of eligibility requirements, interest rates and other key terms of the loan are available by visiting the Future Finance website.
If English is not your first language and you do not hold an honours degree that was delivered in English, you will be required to provide certified proof of ability in written and spoken English to at least IELTS 6.5 (overall) or equivalent with a minimum of 6.0 in each module.
Non-law graduates are often in demand by recruiters as they can offer a diverse range of transferable skills. With our focus on employability, you will receive the best possible preparation to secure a training contract or pupillage.
Specialist careers advice
Our specialist careers service is available to you for support and guidance from the moment you accept your place until up to 12 months after you complete your studies with us.
With our one-to-one support, we give you the edge when it comes to enhancing your legal career. You’ll have everything you need including access to our vacancies database, advice on filling out application forms, intensive interview coaching, employer research and networking opportunities.
BPP Pro Bono Centre
Gain hands-on legal experience by volunteering for a project with our award-winning Pro Bono Centre. Opportunities are available at all our study centres.
96.5% of our full-time and part-time postgraduate law students have secured employment or further study.*
*Of surveyed students graduating from BPP University Law School postgraduate programmes in 2017.
A minimum 2:1 honours degree in any subject from a recognised UK institution (or equivalent)
Course start date
Please visit our website for fees.